Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hope Cherishing Love print/vintage art

Good morning! It's a bright sunny day here! Waking up with coffee in my favorite coffee cup. It says here that says great things happen when you believe.


I've had many requests to this picture I showed on my blog yesterday. It now hangs in the stairwell. I used to have it in my bedroom before I moved up here to North Georgia. It is a special piece to me.

Harry R. Mileham is the painter. This is a poster print. The original artwork was from 1904. He lived from 1873-1957. With more history on this painter I found this blog http://dorsetsculpture.blogspot.com/
who is Harry Mileham's grandson and now famous sculptor. This is his blog site.
I can see all the talent that ran in this family. The Milehams are from England.


I loved the detail and expression.

This is the name of the painting. Of course, mine is a poster print. The original 1904.


Never give up hope is something we hear alot, but much harder sometimes to believe.
For me, I got this several years ago for less than 20 bucks because it instantly struck me with peace. I have had it in my house ever since and really didn't know much history about it until I googled a bit. I find that if I fret the slightest over my infant son that passed away years ago, I can just look at this print of the painting of Hope Cherishing Love. I know that one day I will be holding him again. It's like a reminder of a promise.

I collect angels, so at one time I had it near my angel collection. But now, it's near our family room.
Every year at Christmas, I put a new angel ornament on the tree in his memory.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your infant son. It touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a touching story ~ I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a very dear friend that lost a daughter a few years ago at the age of 3. I think she would appreciate this as well. I am going to share it with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so sorry for your loss, i share it too. i found this framed print at a yard sale for 2 bucks, as soon as i saw it i held back the tears thinking of my baby daughter i lost many years ago. i still buy things in her memory esp. with her name on it. this pic was a have to have and i have it hung for all to see and smile when i look at it. it is bittersweet and warming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your site by accident and was so touched by all the comments, yours included of course. I too bought a print of "Hope Cherishing Love", it was a print I just happen to walk buy in one of our local shopping/food stores. It was instant love. I have also lost a child, she was a twin and had congenital heart disease...her sister is now 31, but even though it's been over thirty years since Stephanie passed away during her last surgery...I too have gravitated toward angels, and paintings that gave me comfort. I framed my poster, and it's right by my bed, and not a day goes by that I don't see it and think of my sweet child who suffered so much in this life..and it gives me hope that she is in a better place...and has someones arms wrapped around her in love....like in the picture. So, I had to say how much your words and stories meant to me. I don't feel so alone. Bless you all...Alli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for all that you shared. Gods blessings and love sustains us always cane across this print today and was instantly drawn to it and have spent the last hour searching for info. Your baby is drawing fort and imparting love thru
    beautiful painting.
    How wonderful and merciful the ways of Love

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer